I am not talking about food but what feeds your spirit. I collected some ideas and created a list from my clients who were having some emotional eating problems, some that were just eating out of boredom and some that were in a funk.
I know they can help you too!
1) Take a walk in the woods.
2) Call your mom.
3) Play with your pet.
5) Make a special dinner for your family or friends.
6) Make love.
7) Organize your space.
8) Go for a run.
9) Get a massage.
10) Go out with friends.
11) Hoola hoop or jump rope.
12) Play games that you played as a kid.
13) Create a tradition with someone.
14) Take a long hot bath with candles.
16) Send yourself a love letter.
17) Hug a tree. (it works)
18) Practice acts of kindness to others.
19) Make a gratitude list.
21) Create something.
22) Write in your journal.
23) Have a night out with the girls.
24) Sit and talk with a special friend.
25) Go somewhere that has always been special to you.
These can all be used to replace the addiction to food, emotional eating, overeating, and boredom or to get out of a funk.
Feel free to add to this list- have fun, be creative and share.
Place it in a spot where you will see it often. This will support you in seeing the things that really light you up and feed your spirit. It will also reduce emotional eating.