Well, we all know that things like smoking and stress can age our skin but did you know that other lifestyle choices can be helping that process along?
You can take years off your skin without slathering on any artificial skin care.
1) Like your sweet tooth. When we have extra sugar in our blood it attaches to proteins in our skin and destroys collagen and elastin.
Choose whole grains or better yet add protein at every meal.
It will satiate you and keep your cravings at bay.
2) Not being active.
We know that we need to exercise for our physical well-being, right? Exercising also promotes cell renewal and that is a very important factor. Why? because as we age, our skin's ability to repair itself slows down.
3) Fat-Free Foods
If your diet is lacking fat it can lead to dry, dull skin. We all need some fats from our food. Best choices to keep our skin vibrant and fresh are nuts, fish, and avocados.
4) Not eating enough fruits and veggies? One of the easiest ways that we can improve our skin’s appearance is to load up our diets with healthy fruits and vegetables. Research shows that a healthy diet can improve skin’s elasticity while minimizing fine lines and creases.
5) Sleeping with makeup on. Ugh we have all done this a time or two, but did you know makeup holds on to free radicals from the environment, which results in the breakdown of collagen. Before going to bed, we need to make sure we wash our face to get rid of all the grime we collect through out the day.
5) Hydrate, yes we have to drink our water to hydrate from the inside out, but you can also moisturize on the outside, with whatever works best with your skin.
6) Sleep- we have all heard about getting our beauty sleep, but are we getting it? When we sleep our skin rejuvenates and we have Increased growth hormone production. Not to mention we do a lot of fat burning while we sleep. Great reason to get our beauty sleep every night - before long we will wake up thinner and younger .