You guys, Its almost that time of year when all the craziness happens. Busy shopping, cooking and planning for the holiday season. We tend to run off coffee and sugary treats for the next couple of months.
To minimize spikes and crashes in energy level, you want to make sure your nutritional intake supports a sustained flow of energy by limiting fluctuation in blood sugar level. An even blood sugar level can also help you improve your focus and concentration, and help you prevent mood swings caused by hypoglycemia.
Here are 5 tips to use nutrition to support a sustained flow of energy:
1. Eat meals with a low glycemic load – combine whole grains and vegetables (high fiber foods) with a moderate amount of good fats and lean protein.
2. Eat foods rich in B vitamins, such as whole grains and nutritional yeast.
3. Eat just the right amount and type of protein for your body – keep a food journal to see how much protein works best for you.
4. Stay hydrated – dehydration often causes fatigue and headache.
5. Avoid caffeine, which worsen blood sugar fluctuation.
I hope these tips will help you have more energy during this holiday season. Check back often- I will be posting more short blogs to help you have more energy. :)